Laura A. Rice
Laura’s practice consists mostly of family law matters including divorce, legal separation, child custody disputes, child support, and adoption. Family court judges routinely appoint Laura to represent the best interests of children involved in high conflict custody cases. When alternative dispute resolution mechanisms fail, Laura has a high success rate at trial. Her passion and preparedness are assets to her clients. Laura treats all clients with empathy and compassion, understanding the toll that Court intervention can take on families.
Outside of law practice, Laura is also a licensed Realtor with Parker & Klein Real Estate. She has also taught Trial Practice as an adjunct professor at the University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law for many years.
Laura has a strong commitment to the Louisville community, having served as the Board Chair for Safe Place Services and also having served on the Board of Directors of Junior League of Louisville. Currently, Laura is a volunteer with Court Appointed Special Advocates.
- Family Law and Divorce
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, J.D., 2004
- University of Louisville, M.A., 2004
- Suffolk University, M.S.C.J., 2001
- Transylvania University, B.A., Sociology, 2000
- Kentucky, 2004
Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy, Brandeis School of Law
- Board of Directors, YMCA Safe Place Services
- Junior League of Louisville